Friday, August 11, 2006

The plot thickens...

So, I think most of you know that I've been agonizing over some tough decisions I need to make in the very near future. I just have a little update for you all. I was offered a job today in Indiana about an hour from my house. It would be with a private, residential setting for young people. I could not believe that I was offered the job right on the spot, but I do know that they are pretty desperate for a worker. (and the interview went much better than my last one, which wouldn't take a whole lot) So once again, I'm fraught with indecision. Here's some more of my problems - I interviewed for a job in Canada that I won't know about until at least Monday. I thought I would try and call to see if they were also offering me a job because that would help in the decision making process. Also, my brother is in the area right now and I need to decide this weekend if I'm going to move a bunch of my stuff with him up to Canada. So I have no way of knowing if I will be offered the job up there before I decide if I'm moving or not. But I do know I have a job here if I want it. I can always look for work up there and I'm sure something will eventually come up. I keep weighing the pros and cons in my mind... I was leaning much more toward moving closer to family. My main reasons to move would be to be close to family and the higher wages there. But there are also pros to staying here - I could start work right away, I have a house and good living arrangements , and I think I would really enjoy this job. The wages aren't as good as in Canada, but I could start right away and not have the added expense of relocating. But if I'm here, I don't see family as much, can't go home for Christmas (although I could go home for the family get together in Oct.) and don't make as much money. Okay, I'm officially rambling now and repeating myself unnessarily. I need to let this place know by Tuesday if I will take the job or not. My nieces begging me to move to Ft. Francis also makes the pull to that area a bit stronger... and the 2 hours of driving every day for this job makes it slightly less appealing. (this is officially my worse written post - please bear with me and my frazzled state.) I'm ready to flip a coin. Maybe I should put a little vote think on here so you all could vote on what I should do with my life. AHHHH!!!

6 comments:

Sabrina said...

Rambling is what this blog thing is all about, don't feel bad! I wish I could just dial up God and get an answer for you. Maybe you should find a fleece. I will pray God gives you very clear direction.

Rhonda said...

i'm praying...

Anonymous said...

Me too. I don't envy your predicament...didn't that comment make you feel encouraged? Keep rambling, we like knowing what you're thinking and feeling.

Anonymous said...

Hi, girl. Sorry I wasn't home tonight when you called - I just got back at 11:00 from Erica and Kyle's wedding in PA, and I REALLY, REALLY need to get to bed. So why am I over here on the computer, you may ask?! The answer - I don't know! So goodnight, and know that I'm praying for you too. Chat tomorrow night maybe? I'll be home - except for my walk. I'll try you after 8:30ish maybe.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel, I knew I had your blog address somewhere but I couldn't figure out where it got lost. :( However, doing thorough house cleaning has at least one benefit...so here I am! I still haven't started a blog, although I've been getting quite a bit of pressure...maybe someday soon...

Sounds like you have some big decisions...hope you received more clarity on the issue over the weekend. I'll be praying that you have a peace about whatever decision you make!

~ Joy

Rhonda said...

so? what's up? :)

and, guess what? I still have my Malagasy, Madagascan toes. (they're getting pretty ugly though.)