Thursday, August 17, 2006

The new US economy…

So last night I had this dream. You know how some countries have more of a bartering system where the price given is meant to be negotiated? So the price might say $5 or the seller might tell you that’s what it’s worth, but in the end, you can get it for $1.50 and it’s a beautiful thing. Well, I dreamt that in the US, the opposite was becoming true. The price might say $2.50, but when you would go to pay, the obnoxious cashier would try to harangue more money out of you because the item was actually worth more than the posted price! The nerve. This had happened to me TWICE as I tried to buy a bag of chips (I went to bed hungry). So I decided - I need to talk to Sheldon (my oldest brother) about this! So I went and talked to Sheldon and Darla. Darla was very supportive and empathetic and understood exactly what I was talking about. Sheldon looked very contemplative and said, hummmm…. when was the last time this happened to you? (so you see, it all makes perfect sense.) Then I woke up, still hungry, but relieved that chips were still worth no more than their price tag.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Rachie, dear, sometimes I worry about you!

rachelslab said...

Not even a comment from Sheldon on this? Seriously dude, what do I gotta do?