Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Just a quick hello...

Hope everyone is doing splendid. I had a bit of an evening tonight and that was nice. I've had some late nights getting back and that makes me cranky. The job is very overwhelming at this point. There are numerous reports, forms, and any other type of paperwork for everything. And the responsibility of it is also a bit scary. Listen as the judge talks because that what you need to do... yikes... Another thing is the whole idea of billing Medicaid for services, one of the nastier aspects of the job. It's complicated and I don't get it all yet, but I know that we have to do it in a very precise manner. I was getting overwhelmed and bogged down with it all, then decided to try to be positive about the whole thing and focus on all the great experience I will get - stuff that will be very useful to know. Tomorrow I have to be at a breakfast thing at 7:30! That's right, and I have to drive about 50 minutes to get there! So this means I have to get up in the middle of the night. Which means I need to go to bed. My boss was telling me it would be "fun" and in an assertive tone that surprised myself, I stated that "nothing is 'fun' at 7:30 in the morning, and furthermore, the the current time is 11:30 and I will not be fully awake for at least another half hour." So goodnight I guess. I'm in the process of radically changing my sleeping patterns...

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

thanks for the news...hope you enjoyed the early morning as much as possible. And, just think of all the things that could be fun at 7:30 AM:

-going on a trip
-eating
-opening your Christmas presents
-eating
-little people jumping on you
-eating
-maybe a quick jog around the block (just kidding.)

all the best with the paperwork!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, hope the fog over the new job clears soon! I know a little of how you feel since I started a new job just a year ago. Granted, I don't think my job's nearly as difficult as that. It'd better not be since I didn't have to get a degree to do this!

Sabrina said...

I hope you at least got a good breakfast out the 7:30 deal. :) I hope your day at works goes well. Tomorrow's Friday!

Jenni said...

Hey sis! Way to go with the positive attitude thing! I know you can do it - and do it well! I'm sure things will look a lot different in a couple of weeks. I'm sure it's tough to change several years of sleeping patterns. Keith and I get so fed up with being so tired. The other night we actually turned the light out a little before 10:00. That was swell!

Anonymous said...

Rachel! you are my hero! I'm so glad you are finally taking this step and embracing your adulthood!!
Good girl! much love to you, Machu-Pichu! hope things get easier soon!

Robyn said...

Good to hear from you. What is the exact job you are doing? Do you have to go to court a lot? I'm curious what fills your days. Good luck with getting up early!