Friday, July 07, 2006

Today I feel like I could run a marathon...

... spread out over several weeks of course. So I thought I'd say Hi in order to give you all something to comment on (hopefully). I find it ironic that when I have lots of time to update this thing, I usually don't have much to say, because that means my life isn't very exciting. But I'll try to ramble for awhile about what's on my mind. It's so odd right now to be home and really have no plans and nothing going on - no school work keeping me up all night and no exciting trip to plan for. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the decisions I need to be making. Decisions were never my strong point (you don't have to agree so loudly with that comment!) but I especially don't like having too many options which is precisely what I have now... where to live?? (anywhere in North America really, or anywhere at all I guess [with a few exceptions])... how to go about making that decision..., etc. So if anyone knows of a great social work job in your area (except Jenni and Iris = P ) feel free to let me know. That's what I'm thinking about these days. What else? I changed the template on this thing because I was tired of having the links at the bottom - any of you experts (Rhonda) know anything about fixing that little situation? This one isn't my favorite. So, the other day I was having one of those random conversations with someone online. It went something like -
chatter 1: maybe you should look for a job close to here.
chatter 2: maybe I should move in with you guys and be your personal shrink
1: when can you come?
2: soon as I unpack and repack...
1: do you do marriage counseling?
2: well, I might be in over my head there, but I'd be happy to point out all your personal problems. (those would probably have something to do marriage issues, right?) ... get paid? ... for pointing out all your problems... this is sounding like a lot of fun!

Well, then we went on to discuss appropriate fees and all - I was thinking a small fortune and they were thinking room and board, so maybe not. (this was all a joke, so please don't try to figure out who I know that might be having marriage problems!) But anyway, I got a big kick out of our conversation and then it sorta hit me funny how people go to school for years and then get jobs making exorbitant amounts of money doing what was strongly discouraged when we were kids - pointing out how nuts people are. Hopefully in a more tactful manner, but anyway... maybe it's just me, or maybe it was late...

Tomorrow I'm going to see a good friend who was on my REACH team in Israel. Haven't seen her for over 1.5 years so that'll be fun and a nice diversion. You're free to go now. Sorry to keep you so long.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it's your own fault you don't have big plans. I mean, come on - you could have come to OHIO this weekend since you didn't have anything else to do!! (Insert pouty lip here.) And since I have no real life as well, here I sit on a Friday night reading about people's lives online. : ) Maybe I should go home and call you...

rachelslab said...

But remember... Karla's going to be in the area this weekend! Did you try to call? Was the phone busy?

Rhonda said...

i didn't notice a big improvement in our marriage while you were here, so i'm afraid i can't recommend you as a marriage counselor. we've even been doing all those things you told us to. sorry, it's just not working.

Jenni said...

Oh, Rhonda, so you're the ones with marriage problems. I was wondering!

rachelslab said...

So that hair stuff didn't work for you guys? Shucks!

Anonymous said...

Uhh...no, I never tried then. And I didn't know Karla was going to be there so you're forgiven. : ) Maybe tomorrow evening??

Melissa said...

HI Rachel,
Nice Blog, my first time visiting thought I would let you know I was here. I'm glad to hear that you had a great trip, sorry about the decision making prob's, we are going to be in the same boat in just a few short months. It will be exciting to see where God will places us next. Have a great day Rachel.

Robyn said...

Have you checked out jobs in Winnipeg? Good money here, right? And we could have breakfast every week!!! :-) I mean together, silly.

rachelslab said...

Oh good, cause I sometimes have breakfast here too.