Sunday, July 09, 2006

breakthrough

So yesterday when I was driving about 45 min. away to visit my friend, I discovered on they way that I had forgotten both directions and phone numbers. Those of you who know me well know that getting anywhere WITH directions and phone numbers is usually challenging enough. Now I'm stranded with only my wits to save me. Well, I'm happy to report that I did find the place, with a minimal amount of wandering. (I drove to a house, thought it might be it but wasn't sure, did a bit of backtracking, then drove back and it was right) Do the wonders never cease? I won't put on here how many roads I had to remember or anything cause then you might make a lot of fun of me and I'd get bitter and grind my teeth at night and develop gout or Sirius’s.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bravo!

Robyn said...

Good girl. See, you're not as dumb as you think, little-miss-graduate-from-university-girl. I'm glad you update this regularly. It's fun staying in touch. We should really yak on the phone sometime.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I don't think I'll be calling tonight after all - I've developed a mini-social life, and I'll be going to a friend's for the evening. :) Maybe later this week.

Jenni said...

Congratulations, Bethany! Oh, and Rachel too! I'm feeling a burst of warm-hearted affection. I love you all! (Everyone who's commented here and all the other regulars. Probably a few irregulars too. Whatever that means. Okay, now this is getting ridiculous!)

Iris said...

just wondering, jenni....am i regular or irregular?
good for you, rachel! you sound a bit like me when it comes to directions.

Iris said...

just wondering, jenni....am i regular or irregular?
good for you, rachel! you sound a bit like me when it comes to directions.

Anonymous said...

I'm making history and leaving comments on everyone's blogs. Just so you know I check in. =) I could give you directions to Red Lake. It's about time you made your way here for a visit.

Anonymous said...

And lest you were mistaken, Jenni. I did not develop a "social life" - catch my drift? I was with a bunch of girls. : ( and : )

Jenni said...

Iris, I'd call you "regular" as far as our little blogging community! In other areas, I dare not guess. :-)