Wednesday, June 28, 2006

for lunch... Waffles...and for supper... chocolates...

... isn't Belgium wonderful? Well, we went to Antwerp today and it was great! I might just decide to live here... it's so nice. I just have to say that all my life in North America eating "Belgium waffles" has been a very mean and nasty trick. I am now ruined forever for fake waffles. It was SO good. I won't bother to try to describe it but it made anything in North America taste like cardboard. We also walked around the city, saw a lot of neat buildings and walked around (and took an obscene amount of pictures) in this amazingly huge cathedral. Yeah well, just thought make you all jealous since I have some time on my hands.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rachie!
I honestly can't read all the great stuff you've written right this minute, but I love the photos. I'm excited that you get this opportunity, and I'll love to hear about it in person! : ) Happy adventures to you! ~Soo

Anonymous said...

i knew i should have come...

Anonymous said...

Poopoo on you for gallivanting around Europe while the rest of us in the real world slave away at the same ole, same ole. I'm glad you're having fun. Hi, Heather, from me too!

Jenni said...

Sigh! Yes, someday when I'm old and rich (yeah, right), me and my little ol' hubby will go globe-trotting. Anyone wanna come along?

Robyn said...

Can you at least try to describe the waffles??? I'm very curious.

Anonymous said...

Did you take any pictures of the waffles??? You're making me very hungry!

Iris said...

Hey there, Girls. Just making sure you really enjoy this time galavanting around eating waffles and chocolates. Someday you'll treasure these memories when you're cleaning up puke, changing another runny poopy blowout, or trying to lose weight from your 5th pregnancy. And NO! I AM NOT JEALOUS! NO WAY, NOT ME! =)

Rhonda said...

yeah, what Iris said.

Anonymous said...

ditto. and bring me some of those cookies that heather knows i like!

rachelslab said...

I feel the need to reply here - Iris, I'll wait till I see you... = P

Sabrina - no pics, sorry. I thought about it, but didn't.

Jenni - I can bring you some, but if I don't see you till Oct. they won't be good anymore - heather and I just had this discussion this morning. So if you want to come see me...

Robyn, okay, I will try - they were sweeter than what you get in N.A., soft on the inside, a bit crispy and sugary on the outside, came with real cream and strawbetrries - quite tasty!

Bethany - your turn is coming, right?

Hi Soo and Rhonda! Don't want you to feel sad and left out.

Thanks for reading!

Rhonda said...

where are you by now?

Iris said...

I was just wondering if you're still busy eating waffles and chocolates? =)

Anonymous said...

All right, girlie, we'd better see an update here pretty soon! :-)