Wednesday, May 17, 2006

nothing exciting...

So, I thought I should say something since it's been a few days, but now that school is over, well, my mind is taking a break from deep thoughts I think... anyway, one exciting thing did happen in my small life today --- drum roll please... I got a digital camera. For real, finally entering the 21st century (now all I need is a cell phone and laptop). I'm a bit peeved though because I bought it online and then got a message to call the place. Thinking I actually needed to call because of something important, I did as I was told. I continued to do as I was told, as a pushy salesman proceeded to tell me various things I had to purchase in order for my happiness to be complete. All the stuff arrived today and most notably, these screen protector things that he seemed to think I needed (2 for the low price of bla bla bla...) actually cover 12 screens so I now have screen protectors for my next 24 cameras! Which is great considering the average lifespan IS 3000 years. I was highly unimpressed. And the battery charger that is supposed to be beyond speedy (2 hours) has been plugged in for hours and the light has yet to turn green... I could go on about the ghastly camera case, but I'll spare you, because I realize that none of this is very interesting and I'm only writing about it for lack of truly interesting things to write about. All of the annoyances aside, it was quite fun to get the camera.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

you'll love having a digital camera. I fought it for ahwhile (I need my pictures!), but Jeremy finally convinced me and now I couldn't live without it! Way to go! P.S. Had a cell phone, don't have it anymore, don't miss it. I'm typing on a laptop that never sits on my lap while my huspands PC sits on the desk beside me...

Anonymous said...

hooray for digital cameras! (and cell phones and laptops, but I won't get into my addictions here) But, I will buy some screen protectors from you, okay? I need them. :-)

Anonymous said...

I feel like such a 20th century nerd! I have none of the above. Well, Keith has a laptop, but it's a Mac, and it scares me. :-) We just bought a DVD player last week! Kayla will be happy because we always borrrow hers when we need one. And some day, hopefully before my kids are all grown, I hope to have a digital camera!

Robyn said...

This is great! I will be an avid reader! It is awesome to see you in a cap and gown. Somehow it just suits you. Do you wear it to bakeries too? I just thought it might have had something to do with The Trip...

Anonymous said...

i have a cellphone, a laptop (a mac, jenni), a digital camera, a gps/watch/plasma tv combo, a talking refrigerator that folds up into my pocket and a partridge in a pear tree. no kidding. congratulations on graduating, getting a cellphone, and starting a blog. i'm your biggest fan. :)

rachelslab said...

Oh Loretta - you crack me up! How you still seem so young and spry is beyond me! Congrats on your 5th is it? grandbaby coming up! Oh, and I got a camera, not a cell phone.

Anonymous said...

sometimes a camera is a cellphone, loretta. (you are loretta. aren't you?)

cynthia

Anonymous said...

i'm speechless. but thoroughly amused.

Anonymous said...

wow, this is like a RL reunion or something. Karla, you should check into the Leatherman with the plasma screen option. It's sort of red-neck-tech.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is that my fondest dream is to be as funny as you guys. Alas, I fear it will never happen, but at least I can laugh myself silly at you all!! Red-neck-tech, Rhonda?!? Really!!

rachelslab said...

hey, sorry about that Cynthia... but I was just sure... Oh well, what can we expect at this age? I'm so confused I don't know whether to wind my, or ... well, you know