Saturday, February 23, 2013

Canvases


Original title, yes? So ages ago my sister was here and we had a grand time and she slaved away on my behalf doing ELEVEN, yes eleven canvases for me. I had most of the stuff, but hadn't got around to making them. I had discovered (been told but had to try it for myself) that scrapbook paper put on canvases will wrinkle pretty badly. It's true. I wanted to do a bunch more like the ones I did in Aleah's room, only I had canvases instead of wood. But scrapbook paper wouldn't cut it. Sooooo, this wasn't even one of the projects I thought we'd do while she was here, but I showed her all my stuff and she thought we could just paint them and we could make it work. So that's what happened. For those of you who have been waiting endlessly for this post, I apologize for the needless suffering I have caused! So without further ado - I present.... many many pictures of us, enlarged and modpodged! (most even hanging on the wall) 


 These 2 aren't pod podged over the picture so the pics can be replaced as chilluns grow up and such.

 Aleah's 6 month

 Family shot when A was 6 months (in case that's not obvious)


Family shot in our backyard when Jenni was here. side not - Jenni did most of the painting around the edges. I did this one after she was gone and sorta got carried away with the corners so it looks a little different than the others. also this picture was taken when it wasn't dry, so not 100% like it looks now, but who really cares I ask?

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

ooooh, so pretty! i like them all, but the wedding ones are my favourites. maybe in my next house i'll copy your crafty ways. :)

Jenni said...

Ah it all looks so nice.

rachelslab said...

I really like the wedding ones too, Rhonda, but there was something about the ones with no edges showing that looked more "authentic" to me or something - like I can pretend I paid 150 bucks to have that made. :)

UplayOnline said...

maybe in my next house i'll copy your crafty ways. :)


goldenslot
GCLUB มือถือ