Sunday, April 15, 2012

Easter and a few more random pics

Aleah and her cousin Kyra - a bit too sunny to look and smile perhaps? And Kyra is fascinated by sitting in grass for the first time.

We went to Iowa to be with Dave's family Easter weekend. Dave and Aleah had colds before we left and I started feeling rotten while there, but it was nice to see family. = ) I'm bummed I didn't get a family pic of the 3 of us on Sunday.
Aleah and grandma's tulips
Actually sharing the easter eggs! yeay!
Grandpa and Grandma have a swing on the back porch. Aleah really liked it.
First french braid. yeay! how my heart goes pitter patter. or something ridiculous like that. Too bad she'd never sit long enough for me to do all her hair in 2 of them.


An idea from Pinterest - dropping colored vinegar in a pan of baking soda and watching it bubble. It was fun, but not exactly something I could leave her with and go clean for a couple hours or anything.

A pretty dress from great aunt Robyn. = ) She found it and bought it when Aleah was in mommie's tummy, just in case she was a girl.
Speaking of which, we find out on Tuesday if we're having a boy or a girl. My emotions have been so all over the place in regards to this that I'm just so ready to know and move on. This time, I'm glad we're finding out. It's so different when you already have one and might need some time to get your heart in neutral about upcoming small fry.

Dave and Aleah are mostly feeling better. My cold has been lingering forever and driving me nuts. I stayed home from church this morning while they went, and had some peace and quiet. It was marvelous but didn't last quite long enough. I think it's nap time so I should end these boring ramblings. Bye for now.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

That braid is so sweet. I can just imagine your joy at being able to do that! :-)

Rhonda said...

what an adorable child!

Kendra said...

I think Aleah looks like a china doll with all those blond curls. So sweet.