Tuesday, September 28, 2010

a few random pics


LSU chicky - ready for a night out on the town before the LSU home game the following day.

Not so sure about the purple elephant. haha.

a little more friendly with the elephant


I may not make pies and bread (although I'm so ready to start with the bread thing) and cinnamon buns and a host of other Mennonite goods, but I'm pretty good with a thrift store, let me tell ya! Hopefully that gets me some points somewhere along the line. Anyway, today I found this hat and it filled my soul with joy. It said 18 - 24 months and I thought with her ginormous head, that should be perfect. When I tried it on, it hit me quite funny. I'm not sure how these things are supposed to fit exactly, but I do think it's big. But terribly cute at the same time.

It has been absolutely GORGEOUS here the past 2 days. I'm dying to get my hands on a double stroller so I can get out during the day and go for walks with the little bambinos. It's been bright and sunny and no rain and upper 70s. Oh sweet glorious bliss. I know it's so boring to prattle on and on about the weather, but can I just quickly say that after 5 straights months of the 90s, this is just so glorious. And that's not an exaggeration at all. Since the beginning of May, there have been maybe 3 days or so I'm guessing (in Sept.) that haven't been in the 90s, many of them upper 90s. So this has people so excited and grabbing sweaters and heading outside. Dave has the ipod set to click on the weather here, and then you slide over one screen and can see the weather in Red Lake. oh my - there's always a little sun picture here and a little cloud picture there. = ( And obviously much much colder. Anyhoo.... moving along

I don't really have much to ramble about - was just going to post a few pics for the funzies of it. I thought of a couple things to add to the 4 month post - For whatever reason, Aleah hates when stuff has to go over her head (literally, not figuratively). I'm hoping it doesn't develop into a full blown syndrome like it did with the girl I used to babysit. shudder. Anyway, she really does freak out and almost panic sometimes, esp, when something is having trouble fitting over her head. A few things she totally loves - when I make a clicking sound with my tongue at her - she thinks it's hilarious. playing patty cake and singing songs, bouncing up and down on one's lap, and having her tummy tickled. Okay, that'll do till I get it written down on paper. This morning she smiled and smiled when her little friend came over. It was so sweet. I think they're starting to recognize each other more.

I am in a terrible habit of staying up way too late. I should go to bed. But I probably won't.

4 comments:

Jenni said...

1) Wow, purple and gold headband.

2) Exactly where is she going to wear this warm hat? Oh yeah. Here at Christmas?!?

3) I miss you.

Sabrina said...

I think the hat fits her great. My boys have hats kind of like that and they will wear them this year which I think makes it 3 winters that they have worn them so they were very big when the started wearing them, but they still fit. I love them. What a fine!

Bethany said...

In the last picture, I think Aleah's wondering why her mommy is laughing so hysterically at her. So cute!!

rachelslab said...

Jenni - it does get cold here- just not super cold and not for 9 months. Last year we had quite a bit of (humid) chilly and it was even getting down into the teens at night.