Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I've noticed a slight slump in the blogosphere so I thought I'd do my part to revive what I can. Hmmmmm... not that I feel I have much to say, but I'll ramble anyway. Let's see... Soon I hope to post some pictures. Remember long ago when I was posting pictures of our apartment, but never posted any of the living room? That's because it has yet to come together in a manner that is picture worthy. We are on our way to changing that this week. We are trying to get a lot done around here... lots more to do, but progress is being made.

We had the big ultrasound last week and that was uber fun. The child continues to be very active and everything looked great according to the technician. We resisted the urge to find out the gender which required quite a bit of will power on my part. I didn't think the technician even knew, but she did say at the end that she knew what it was and everything looked good, be it boy or girl. Then it about killed me that she knew and I didn't. ARG! Oh, here's a mildly amusing story that you probably had to be present to appreciate. After the ultrasound, Dave and I were driving around and he wanted to find a specific place to eat. We found the place but were having a hard time finding a place to park. So we're driving around this building, sort of off the beaten path, there's no where to park, so Dave turns around and we're driving driving directly into the sun. It was suddenly very difficult to see anything (we're on a back road at this point, not the main street or anything). It all happened so fast, something just did not seen right to be, I saw a flash of blue, and said, um... sweetie... then I just screamed very loudly at him, "STOOOOOOOOP!!!!!!." And slam on the brakes with great haste he did. And the sun disappeared behind the flash of blue I had seen, and behold, we were about a foot away from smashing into an enormous blue dumpster. He was horrified and I started laughing and couldn't stop. Why? I have no idea, but it's better than crying. It hit me so very funny. I suppose it's all part of my role in life - keep the genius alive so he can one day make us the big bucks. ha.

What else is new and exciting? Not much. I would write something inspiring reflective about 2009, but I'm totally uninspired at the moment. So maybe I'll just go away. This seems like a really lame post. I'm sorry. = (

6 comments:

mathfridge said...

The blue dumpster incident happened right be fore we went to Jimmy Johns. They just built one in Baton Rouge this Fall.

Jenni said...

I'm so glad you have her, Dave, to keep you and your car alive. :-) Great story, Rach.

Huh. My word verification is haplesl. :-D

Bethany said...

Your "lame post" has me in stitches. That truly could have been horrific - and yet the adrenaline let-down would cause volumes of laughter. I'm hee-hawing at my desk.

iris said...

Yup, I had to laugh too. I'm so glad you saw that flash of blue and that your man STOPPED so abruptly upon your command. =)

rachelslab said...

Iris - I was relieved too, esp. since he said he hadn't seen it at all. But it was a loud and shrill yell, let me tell you!

elise said...

I'm laughing of course and had to share it with D. Glad you, Dave and the babe are safe!