Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Misquitos in December...

I'm getting rather tired of them. They are the size of helicopters and fly around the apartment seeking whom they may devour. So, my intention was to post some pictures, but our computer is on the fritz and that feature is currently unavailable. I know, I can hear the mourning and wailing from here. So I guess I'll just have to tell you a bit of what's going on around here. Truthfully, I made out a plan for the week with what I wanted to get done every day until we leave and blogging was on Tuesday. I guess it's 18 minutes into Wednesday now, but anyway, this is why I blog. Yesterday I was behind on the list after the first day, but today I'm caught up, which is a fun feeling. I thought I was going to even be able to work ahead quite a bit - I did some but not in astronomical proportions. So anyway, what I really wanted to do was put pics on here. That not being possible.... ummmmm... we are leaving hopefully Sunday from Baton Rouge and hope to be way up north by Tuesday. I can't wait. Oh my. I can wait for the car trip, but I'm trying not to think about that. What else is going on here? I know I had some posts running around in my head, but they are all gone now. I mean way way gone. I can't even find traces of them. Hate it when that happens. Today I finished writing thank you notes for the wedding. I'm very excited about that. I still need a few addresses, but other than that, we're good to go. 4 months to the day later... Yesterday I attended to my toes. They had become quite ghastly. Way too long and jagged with nasty, old, polish. So I finally took care of that and I was SO excited when I was done. So excited in fact, that I wore flip flops to go running around downtown. Just because I can. We actually used the air conditioner on the way home from church a couple days ago and tonight we did not wear pants when we went up town. What's the difference between going up town and down town. Does anyone know? Anyway, I write all this to say that it's crazy warm here right now, but I hear rumors of intense cold in other parts of the country. Well, since clearly I don't have much to say, I'll leave you know. Hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas season so far. I haven't scheduled blogging for any other day this week, so I don't know if you'll hear from me for awhile. But I'll see a lot of you soon! yeay!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

No pants when you went uptown?? Oh my!!

Anonymous said...

i, too, only manage to remember that you didn't wear pants. all else pales. see you soon!

lisa said...

I'm quite jealous of the no pants!! you need layers and layers of pants here!!! ugh!! and flip flops!! could you leave the "warm" comments out of your blogs?!! gotta tell you...it was the craziest thing...i sent yours and another wedding card out the same exact day and on the same exact day(well..not the exact day as above..but you know what I mean) I received thank you's from both of you!!! now how crazy is that? do you know the other couple? ha! (they're from Fl.)

Jenni said...

what rhonda and bethany said!! please bring (and wear) your pants here! it's -28 right now! ugh!

rachelslab said...

We did wear shorts/capris. Never you fear...

shaunjoy said...

Oh, the mental pictures...