Monday, June 09, 2008

Since you begged....

Okay, so since my 2 fans have been asking for an update - I am dutifully updating tonight, at a very late hour, and ignoring the 200 things on the list. I've had various posts rattling around in my head the last month, but most of those are long gone. So, here's some random pics:


Dave chopping a pepper - the picture doesn't do it justice. We were cooking the other night and let's just say this is all a little new for him. So anyway, I had to laugh when I saw the job he was doing on the pepper. He cut the top out but not the bottom and then started slicing away so it made this huge flower like thing. Anyway, I'm sure you had to be there. What we made turned out quite fabulous. If I was ambitious I would post the recipe for you, but as it is, I'm almost asleep.


Here's some random pics from when Jenni and Rita were here about 3 weeks ago. Wow, time is flying! Thanks so much for all the fabulous help ladies!!

Meeting Hannah! I didn't get many good pictures of her. = (


Rita and Bethany working on wedding invitations.

Jenni working on invitations and Dave working on the address list.
What else can I bore you with? I feel like I don't have much interesting to say - life has been nutty. I'd love to be able to quit my job tomorrow and just do wedding stuff. Dave got a good used bike from the bike shop around here and we went for a nice long ride um... last Saturday. The idea was to keep going... The other thing is that we went from cold to 90 degrees over night. Not ideal biking weather. But we still want to do more of that. Here's some fun quotes that were heard around here recently:
"The Spirit is willing, but the flesh is soft and spongy."
(while biking) "Are those Amish droppings?"
"Um, yes, because around here, the Amish do poo on the road."
Dave: "Just relax, everything that needs to get done, will get done..."
Rachel: "THINGS DON'T GET DONE!! PEOPLE DO THEM!!! NOTHING WILL GET DONE UNLESS WE do it!!!" (sigh... relaxing isn't one of my strong points these days)
Um, well, now that you know I'm alive, can I go to bed now? That wasn't a quote, that's what I'm really saying to you right now in this moment. I'm very tired.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting, good to hear your doing fun things too. Keep your head up. nice pepper Dave.
Twila

Sabrina said...

Thanks for the update and the pictures. Just remember to get the marriage license. After that everything is optional. :) I got to a point where I didn't care anymore, I just wanted the day to get here. P.S. Hannah is very cute!

lisa said...

thanks for the update and pictures!! Have lots of fun planning for this wedding and marriage to come!! I'm sure it's a bit (ok...more then a bit!!) overwhelming...especiallys if you're trying to save pennies and do alot of it yourself. Just take one day at a time...and soon it will be here and whatever doesn't get done....well...that will be a memory also!!! ha!

Jenni said...

thanks for the update. i totally understand the first quote. except that my spirit isn't even willing most times. :-( hence the soft and spongy body...

Anonymous said...

everything i came to say has already been said.

that leaves me: see you soon!! :)

and happy birthday!!

and Caitlyn and Tia's dresses are done!

and that's all.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, dear. I still owe you that phone call sometime...

Rita said...

I just finally got here to read this. You are still funny. That's good. Tell Dave that the stuff on the road is because of the 'awegashik'. I think he'll know, eh?:)

Anonymous said...

I love the pepper!

Happy Birthday Rachel! 29 and holding???


Debbie

Jenni said...

Aw, I wanted to be the first to say happy birthday, old lady. Oops, that just kinda slipped out. I'm not nearly as kind as Debbie. Welcome to the next decade, sister, dear!! Don't worry, it'll be fun!!!

Anonymous said...

happy happy birthday to you!! hope you have a fun, relaxing weekend!

Rita said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RACHEL!!!! Tell all. How'd you ever celebrate without me? A nice bowlful of poutine at Spud n' Dog would bring back memories, eh? (Here's a good one: my spell check doesn't like the word poutine and suggested I mean either routine or pouty!!!)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Girl! Keep laughing and remember that it does good like medicine. I just read in a magazine somewhere that "laughter is the lubricant of life." I think it's true. Sure makes the days more fun anyway. Have a good day! Weekend! Week! Ok, Year!!!!

Sabrina said...

Welcome to 30! Not bad eh? I still feel like 21. happy birthday!

LaRonda said...

Happy belated Birthday! I thought of you, but I never made it here on time. Hope you had a great relaxing day!

Anonymous said...

I'm here just to say that I keep checking in just in case you've had time or the umption to update. Not that I have much room to ask when my own blog is sadly neglected these days....

Robyn said...

Wow! How do you rate getting 16 comments?! :-) I guess it must be turning 30 and getting married all in one year!

Anonymous said...

i'm not a cpa...i need more schooling and then to take that whopping big test first. it may happen some day, but not now. i just have an associate's degree in accounting. but thanks for being impressed anyway. :)