Wednesday, January 23, 2008

So...

Below are pictures of a quick little side trip to Louisiana last weekend. Had a fabulous time. Updating this blog is my reward for getting 5 things done on my list. I would die without a list. It anchors me to reality since I never know where I am - or something like that. So other than trying to get my list done ... not much is going on. Oh here's a happy tale. Elise - I was working on my whatever it would be flat tire. Number 5 or 6. Anyway, my tire had a leak and I couldn't keep it full. Actually, it was pulling to the right really badly all the way home from Ohio and I assumed it was the wind. Duh. Got home and it was nearly flat. Anyway, On Tues. I took it in to the place that does my oil changes and the like - they patch tires - and they said they couldn't see anything and I would have to take it to a tire place. So I took it to the Tire Barn today after work and guess what they did!! They fixed it. And guess what else. FOR FREE!! Ya, and Grandpa always said nuthin was really free. But today I found something that was. So, I WIN! And you, my friend, can go first in double jeopardy.

Oh, I'm really excited about a conference I get to go to tomorrow. The speaker wrote one of my text books we used in the social work program and she's an expert of sorts on understanding poverty and the hidden rules of lower, middle, and upper class. So I get to get paid to listen to her talk all day. And since I'm not in bed right now, I'll probably sleep through part of it. I think I had something else to say, but for the life of me, I can't remember what. So I guess I'll just say good night and sign off.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you made it home okay even with the dumb tire! Oh yeah, I was going to be really gutsy tonight and leave a comment on Dave's blog, but he doesn't allow non-bloggers...too bad for him! And yay - looking forward to seeing on Friday!! And then again on Wednesday and Thursday and....the rest of you jealous yet??

Jenni said...

hi! i was here. thanks for the pics!

Anonymous said...

HI!! I finally got here! And I'm leaving a comment just like I promised. Now you can have a good weekend. =) Really, I was happy to see all the pictures and see how happy the two of you look when you're together. And yes, bethany, I would like to spend even part of one day with this dear girl. But you two have lots of fun without me...if you can.

Anonymous said...

PS I forgot to say that I noticed your new blog look. Not that you yourself look like a blog or anything but well, you know what I mean.

Jenni said...

yes, i like the new colors. very hip! (right? as if i'd know!)

Anonymous said...

Missed you tonight, but I still had a lot of fun with the boys. The concert was great! Drive safe tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Alrighty girl. I sense a trend. I think you purposely aviod updating till you get a rise out of us who are waiting to read one. So here I am begging you to write one!!! What's happening already!!!! (Esp. since Rhonda told us to keep our eyes on your blog. I was a bit disappointed to come over here and not see anything new. Ah Hm...) Are you feeling guilty enough to talk to us yet? =)

Anonymous said...

or shall we just Congrats. ahead of time and get it over with:)

Anonymous said...

Ahem.....