Saturday, May 05, 2007

What do you expect??

Hi all - I trust that you've been sensing an ever-growing lack in your life since I've been so quiet. I was meaning to update before I headed out of town, but ran out of time. I spent last week from Sunday - Friday in Indy at work training. I went with some other people from another office so I had people to hang out with. The evenings were fun - we were right downtown - we went to the IMAX theater one night and watched the shark show, walked around the circle, walked around downtown, etc. I was privileged to be able to watch some hockey, having access to cable TV and all. So the evenings were fun. The actual training however - much different story! man oh daises - you stuff 40 women in a small room with extremely limited space, strap them down with approximately 900 pounds of training manuals and NO room to move them, then drone on and on for hours and hours and hours, nay, even unto DAYS... well, let's just say there were some pretty cranky women in that room. You had these huge and hard to maneuver books and the trainers would be jumping from book to book telling us to find different things. I thought a couple times that there might be an angry outburst or huge revolt. But people mostly kept it to quietly uttered bitter statements. And then there were a couple women behind me who were just a mess. The spent the last 2 days being loud and obnoxious and making smart remarks about everything that was said. It actually helped to pass the time and was a nice diversion. The training was very helpful in that I'll be able to use a whole bunch more information now when I do visits, but a lot of the information they gave us was either training we had already had or things that didn't apply. But anyway, I'll stop griping about the trauma and try to move on. I got back last night and today I went to graduation and then went for lunch with a friend and her family who was here for grad. After that I ran around to 3 different open houses. It's been a really long week and day today and hopefully tomorrow will be somewhat relaxing. So, that's what's going on here.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey! great to hear from you! sorry about the trauma you endured. hope you feel better soon. :o)

Anonymous said...

hi Rachel. It should make you feel better to know that I did miss you. I checked on you several times and wondered where you had gone for so long. I'll have a much more relaxing day since I don't have to keep wondering.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so amused! I must go email you immediately...the timing of my reading this entry and re-thinking your last email is just positively too funny. : )

Anonymous said...

Ah, Monument Circle in Indy... When we were there several months ago we happily explored the monument...and then spent the next decade trying to figure out how in the world to get back out of the circle! It's literally a tourist trap...

Robyn said...

Good to hear from you. Yes, it is time to see eachother again! When are you coming to Wpg???

Wendy Yutzy said...

Rachel,
Hi!! ....

Jenni said...

okay, since i started blogging again, i can now harass you for an update, right?? call me soon, 'kay?

Jenni said...

what do i expect??? an update, of course!