Sunday, October 22, 2006

More good luck on the road....

I'm getting scared to leave my house. Last night I hit a deer. Could have been so much worse. The big huge thing appeared out of no where and I didn't see it till it was right in front of me. How much mental reasoning would it take to look before crossing the street? Seriously? These dumb animals run towards vehicles instead of away from them. Anyway, I slammed on the breaks and just got the tail end of him I think, but enough that I had to stop and tear off my front right panel which was barely hanging on. The car is drivable so that's nice. Hopefully I can get it fixed this week. So, that's my excitement for now, till next time I attempt to drive. My roommate had an interesting experience this morning. After listening to me rant and rave last night about no one stopping to help, this morning when she was driving to church, she saw a van that had hit a telephone pole. No one was stopping to help and she couldn't see any action around the vehicle, so she heard my words ringing in her head over and over (nobody stopped, nobody stopped, what if I had been unconscious in my car....) so she decided to stop, and sure enough. Here there was an unconscious woman in the van, and everyone just driving past. The lady was coming to when help got there. Okay, that's all from my neck of the woods for today.

4 comments:

Robyn said...

Craziness! I feel so bad for you that you hit that deer. (for YOU, not IT) But you know sometimes it's just unavoidable. They are rather stupid animals...

Anonymous said...

That is impressive that a deer can do so much damage. Maybe we should make cars out of deer material. That is a shame that it happened.

Anonymous said...

wow, I'm not sure if I would stop or not...to help someone. It would probably be more likely if Arthur was along to protect me...just in case, you know. But to think that there actually was an unconscious woman in that van! I think it was God that instigated that conversation between you two that inspired your roomie to stop. Does that mean he had that deer run out in front of you to get you ranting and raving in the first place? Maybe it's just another of those cases where he used something not so good to make something good happen. He's so good at doing that!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Remind me to NOT drive when in your neck of the woods, eh? :o) Actually, I almost hit a deer the other day myself. Scarry.