Monday, July 24, 2006

I can't think of an original title

Hidie ho gang - sounds like some of you might be wondering if I'm tied to the bottom of a raft somewhere - this is not the case. I have just been without internet since I last wrote. So anyway, first things first -- white water rafting was great. And I have some great pics that I'll post sometime. There were 11 of us total on the raft. I ended up not paddling because there was an extra person. I was having all sorts of nasty mental images of all the things that could go wrong. And signing the little paper beforehand didn't exactly help...." Since I am choosing to be this stupid, I will accept responsibility for my injury, dismemberment, stroke, heart attack, nasty sunburn, heat exhaustion, and death by any number of means such as drowning or hitting large rocks..." Something like that... anyway, it made me very weak in the knees and made me want to throw up before we ever left. So when we finally left, we merrily floated upon 4 miles of calm lake, followed by 4 miles that contained rapids. There was only 2 that were serious enough to be really exciting. And by the time they were over, I was hoping there would be more like that. It was quite fun. Okay, what else... Glacier was amazingly beautiful. We did some hiking and swimming in Lake McDonald which was beautiful. It's also nice to be back in civilization and showers are amazingly wonderful little inventions. (Our campsite didn't have any so what we took had to be paid for) Now I'm back in the Falls and will head up to Red Lake sometime soon, probably in the next few days. I'm going to help my niece with some writing stuff and I'm really looking forward to the opportunity of being on the inflicting end of some of this torture that I've received the last few years. bwahahahaha. Just kidding, I'll be nice.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you found the rope to untie yourself - I was sure wondering if you did. Sounds placid enough that I could possibly, maybe, potentially be interested in doing a small stretch of rapids like that someday. I just keep picturing the rapids below Niagara Falls that I saw a few weeks ago, and the thought of going down rapids like those makes me want to just hurl myself over the Falls instead. What a happy note to end this post on. We still must really talk sometime. Are you staying with Keith & Jenni in RL?

Rhonda said...

sounds like fun! can't wait to see pictures.

have fun in RL, and please post lots of pics while your there.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you're having lots of fun! We're heading to the farm this weekend if you want to swing by there. Jeff's and Melissa and Ryan will be there too.

Anonymous said...

Glad you survived! I was beginning to wonder where you were.

Can't wait to hear about all of your adventures in person.My life suddenly seems quite boring (although white water rafting is not up there on my list of things to do)!

See you soon.....

Anonymous said...

I tried to leave a comment yesterday and it wouldn't let me so we'll see if it likes me today. I really want to see some pictures just to make sure you're not making all this bravery up. Post them soon! Better yet, why don't you just bring them all along when you come to visit me?!