Thursday, May 25, 2006

hanging out

I guess it's about that time to say something. Let's see, I've mostly been getting ready to go, trying to get my life in order, socializing with friends, and finding new and creative ways of hurting myself. The main categories of stuff to get done include getting all my loans in order before I leave (consolidation and such things), job hunting (once again figuring out where I've worked when, all the addresses and phone numbers - it takes forever and drives me nuts), trying to return all the unnecessary stuff the camera guy sold me (big pain in the neck!), shopping and packing for the trip, and of course, randomly flying through the air and slamming my body into hard, immovable objects. I am blessed.
I've been doing more socializing than I have in awhile. Saturday night some friends invited my roommate and I over for supper. We had a great time with them. (but that's not interesting to you because you don't know them and didn't hear the humorous conversation) On Sunday I spent the day with a great friend that I made in REACH training. Okay, I didn't make her, per se, that sounded really dumb. Shall I say, the friendship was formed in REACH training. Anyway, she lives mostly in Russia and has been in the States for a couple months and we finally were able to meet up - had lots of fun. Yesterday a friend from around here who's living in CA right now was home for a visit, so she and her friend came over and we hung out. Tonight my cousin Laura is coming over and this weekend some wonderful friends from home are going to be here and I can't wait. Okay, so that's what filling up my time lately. This month I've also been babysitting a lot for a family with 2 little squirts - a handy way to make some cash and hopefully I'll find a real job soon after I'm home.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, you. Looking forward to this weekend and a great big hash-out session - even though it might be too late. : / I wish that Jenni was coming again - I think she'd be such a wise lady to talk with. : )
My morning's been full of calling CMC pastors...ugh. Better get back to it. See you TOMORROW!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Bethany, thanks for the vote of confidence. Don't know how wise I feel right now... And who you calling "ugh"?? My hubby? :-)

Anonymous said...

Hooray, an update! :-) I wanna come too...oh, wait, you didn't invite me, did you? :-) Have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

is that the Laura I know from Rosedale? Hi Laura!!

Anonymous said...

Uhh...no, Jenni. Of course not! You see ummm...uhh..oh yeah - I'm not going to be calling him because he promised to find the info out for me and let me know so he's one I don't have to call! : ) Whew - that was close. I should send you a blurp about what I need wisdom for. If Rachel's not going to invite you, Rhonda, I will. : ) Come on over!

Anonymous said...

Wow...I see I've been missing out...looks like you've been updating a lot! I love your site!! And love hearing what's happening in your life...now, if you'll just get a xanga too so you can leave comments on mine!!

rachelslab said...

That IS the problem with Xanga! Good to hear from you - we need to get together before I leave!

Rhonda - You are of course, ALWAYS invited, and between the 2 of you, I'm sure you could enlighten us poor little innocent girls...

Anonymous said...

No mention of hanging out with your good friend Greg??? That's sad. I thought we were tight.

rachelslab said...

And I thought commenting on blogs wasn't your style...

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel, thought I'd take this opportunity to say hi and let you know I regularly read your blog. I sooo like reading eveyones comments, too...makes me feel not quite so isolated way up North. =) Hi to you, too Bethany and Jenni. Maybe it's time we startd blogging ourselves, eh? I'm seriously thinking about it.

Anonymous said...

hey rachie, time for a new entry!! :-)